Thursday, June 6, 2013

Life equals Whirlwind

Whew let me tell you this week and a half has been INSANE!!!! I don't even know that a whirlwind describes how crazy I have been the last week! Here is what we have been doing the last week!

Sunday before Memorial Day we spent the day at the Lake with my Aunts fam and mine as well. It was a relaxing day of sun, fun, boat riding and fishing off the pier. I might be a city girl but there is something about the lake that just makes me almost feel country...ALMOST ;)

Last Tuesday Robert and I helped chaperone the youth trip to Six Flags over GA. I was really nervous about all the kids going and being "responsible" for them but it ended up just fine and we had a great time! The park was quiet for the most part and the lines were fairly short.

I went on a 4 hour road trip alone to Spring Hill TN to help my best friend finish packing and get moved into her beautiful new home. I moved non-stop from Thursday morning until Saturday evening at 6 when I left for the 4 hour trek back home alone. Exhausted doesn't even describe it but we got her moved in and everything almost completely ready for Baby Murphy to make his arrival in the next couple months. I CANNOT wait to meet this little guy!

We started VBS at church this week. It's been a week of hanging with my favorite toddler,Huxley, in the nursery. Lucky me I got to spend the week in his class. Big brother P got to enjoy Preschool VBS and has had a blast. He even had a nap this afternoon in the car ;o) Although I know he is tired because he has begged to stay home the last two days...He is supposed to go next week too with my mom...guess we will see what happens then huh.

Yesterday was a sweet friends birthday and she invited us to come hang out at the pool. The boys and I loaded up sunscreen in hand and spent four glorious sun soaking hours with her and her daughter, mom, niece and nephew by the pool. We then had dinner and got to enjoy time with her sweet family. Even Robert managed to make it after work. It was a great night :o) Both boys were WORE OUT. So was I...I was asleep before 10 ;)

Monday we got to celebrate one of my favorite little girls on earths birthday! My niece lil miss SAS turned four! We celebrated with slip and slides and pools. The boys had a great time and both were super sad when it was over. Happy birthday sweet girl! Aunt Jen loves you!

Today I went on an hour long ride in search of a pair of shoes. Sadly they apparently didn't have the size shoe they said they did that I needed so basically I wasted gas to drive to Alabaster. O well Hux and P both got naps so its ok :o)

Other than that nothing much to mention. Life is moving on fast as ever and we are just holding on trying to enjoy the ride. Next week should be slower and I am looking forward to a much needed relaxing adult weekend away in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment