Wednesday, February 16, 2011

At least I have a medical excuse for being lazy!!!

So Thursday night was a little scary for me because we had a slight scare with Huxley...kinda. I noticed that I passed a little bit of blood while in the tub and while I was concerned about it I didn't think it warranted a trip to the ER since it was a very very small amount and Hux was still moving around like crazy. I decided I would go to sleep and call the Dr in the morning to see if they wanted me to come in. Woke up Friday morning and called the Dr's office at 9:30 and left a message for the nurse. She called right back around 9:40 and said to get over to the Prattville office for an ultrasound to make sure everything was OK. So by 10:30 my mom had picked me up and I had showered and gotten myself and Preston ready to go. Super speed I have never moved so fast ever lol. The US went well and we got to see our sweet boy who by the way is now measuring two days ahead putting me at 19 weeks 6 days today :o) And I am assuming will bump my due date back to 7/7/11. Anyway everything looks great and he is super healthy and has a super strong heart. However, the tech was concerned because my placenta is sitting pretty low. Most of the time it will correct itself and will move up but every now and then the placenta moves down into what they call placenta previa. Now I don't know a whole lot about it because I have been too afraid to google it since I know I will get all freaked out about it but I do know that it is dangerous and can actually cause a hemorrhage. I am sure that everything will be fine and honestly I am not that worried about it. I know that God will take care of us so we will just trust in Him. I have been put on pelvic rest which I never knew included no twisting, or strenuous activities involving the abdomen (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, moving and lifting heavy things) so I am being a bum until my appt next week to see if the Dr will lift the ban on cleaning lol. Please keep us in your prayers that this placenta moves up and not down and that the rest of this pregnancy and delivery goes as easy as it has to this point.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Jennifer! Praying for you and that sweet Hux. Call me if you need me to come clean ya house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet girl. We are doing ok. I am actually kind of bored not being able to do anything lol. My mom recently quit her job so she is helping me out tons. I am sure that life will resume as normal come Friday the 25th. I just hope he doesn't keep me on restriction lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily. How are those sweet kids of yours??? We really need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete