Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Next Picasso???

Had a hunch yesterday to buy some canvas' from Hobby Lobby to test P's painting ability. I love to paint (even though I stink at it) so I had hopes that he would too! Boy was I excited when he showed me that he not only LOVES to paint but is really serious about it...or at least looks like he is :o)


He kept telling me that it was beu-i-ful! Of Course I totally agreed with him. What do you think? This is the first painting from Preston Picasso.
Here he was not so patiently waiting for me to get the brush and paint ready to paint his hands and feet for his second art piece. It was going to be something that said I Love being your Big Brother and we were going to hang it in Huxley's room but my canvas wasn't big enough.

Getting his feet painted. He kept laughing and saying it was tickling his toes :o)The finished project. Originally those paint marks in the middle weren't supposed to be there. I went to clean a brush and he decided it needed something extra.The mess we had after our paintings. It was so worth the mess though for such a precious time with my favorite big boy!I actually still have to wash out the paint pallets and clean up all our paints and put them away since I had to pull Picasso away from painting so he could eat some dinner. Already trying to sacrifice something for his craft lol. We are going to do a couple more canvases and we are going to paint a welcome home pop pop sign to take to the airport on Friday for when my dad comes home. He has been out of the state for work for the last month so I thought it would be a sweet way for him to be welcomed back by his favorite grandson. If you haven't painted with your kid I say go for it! We had a blast. The only reason we did it inside is because of the rain but it worked out great since we have a glass table top.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post!! This looks like so much fun! Hadley would LOVE to do this!!
    We should get together & have a play date & do it again.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately! We can do it at my house in my dining room! Just tell me when so I can make sure I have enough brushes and canvases!

    ReplyDelete