Monday, October 18, 2010

Puhnkin Patch

So I am a terrible blogger and cannot believe it has taken me so long to get these pictures up from our trip to Dreamfield Farms in beautiful Hector Al. Myself, Preston and my wonderful mom made the 1 hour drive to the country to enjoy some time with sweet friends. Preston was so excited and jibber jabbered all the way for the full hour we were in the car. I don't think he truly understood what we were about to do! When we got there we took a family pic:
Preston is not a fan of taking pics these days so he pretty much refused to look at the camera! After we got there Preston checked out the Cow Train ride and the tractors! After watching it leave without him a few times ( he literally pitched a fit when it would leave and he wasn't on it) we decided it was time to ride!

He had a blast! Myself on the other hand could not wait for it to be over for numerous reasons:

1. The guy drove so fast I thought we might tip over.
2. I may have a big behind but unfortunately its wide and not really that padded so the wood seat was sooo uncomfortable.
3. the stuff they put on the back as cushion was coming apart so the cut part of the barrel was digging into my back as I held on for dear life! lol P enjoyed it though so I guess that is all that matters.

We tried the bouncy house stuff but P isn't a big fan yet and I am OK with that since bigger kids don't typically watch out for the little ones. We then grabbed some lunch ( which is waaayyy over priced and not very good). Then it was time for the hayride to the Pumpkin Patch! P was very excited that the trailer was being pulled by a tractor!
Once we arrived and saw these:

Preston stood so still and took it all in!

And then promptly found a Puhnkin and sat his tail down! I think he was overwhelmed with all the Pumpkins because he kept saying "Puhnkins! Puhnkins! Lots of Puhnkin! Grammy, puhnkins! Mommy, Puhnkins!"

We picked out our pumpkins, Preston a baby one and me a normal sized one for carving and headed back on our tractor ride. We stopped by the petting zoo where we bravely fed goats and donkeys. Poor Preston got his finger bit by a donkey in which he proclaimed bad donkey! He loved the baby pygmy goats though! The guy let two of them out and he ran up to it hugged it and called it a dog lol. After that P did a little more playing in the corn box and riding the tractor toys we headed home. He napped and we stopped by Nancy's Italian Ice for some Cherry Italian Ice. All in all it was a great day!!!


Happy Fall Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had fun!
    Me and Savannah went last year and I can totally relate to you about the cow train. That thing was a rough ride. Like Preston, Savannah loved it but I think I had a headache afterwards. :)

    ReplyDelete