Thursday, October 28, 2010

How I told Robert

I had come across the idea a couple months ago on the Internet to make a shirt to share with your spouse the news of your pregnancy! I wanted to do it so bad so it worked out that I found out I was pregnant while Robert was at work. Preston and I showered and got ready to go Wednesday morning not long after I took my test. We ran to Wal-mart got all the stuff and came home. My plan was to show up at Roberts work and surprise him there, then visit our parents and maybe grandparents if I had time. Little did I know that it would take me over an hour to iron on letters to a tiny size 2T shirt lol. So plans changed and I called Robert and asked that he be home no later than 5 so we could go meet our family and take P to a fall festival at my aunt and uncles church. I had told him that P would be ready to go when he got home and i needed him home early so that we could take pictures of him in his costume and head to Prattville to be there by 5:30. Preston was sitting on the pumpkin waiting for Robert when he pulled into the drive way!

The front of Preston's shirt read "Big Brother in Training" and the back said "Due in July!!"

This is how the convo went when Robert came in:

R: Hey buddy how was your day!

J: Did you read his new shirt he got today???

R: Big brother in training...

J: Read the back ( all while holding a pregnancy test)

R: Due in July..::bending down and reading the front and back again::

J:umm so I'm pregnant that's not his costume!

R: OH!!! Are you really?!?! I was confused!!! ( in his defense I had told him P would be dressed and ready to go when he got home).

J: Are you excited??? Do you want to see the test?!?

R: YEAH!!!

Here are a couple pics from after we told Robert...I totally forgot to take pics while he was reading P's shirt!

It was sooo cute!!! I am so glad I came up with a creative way to tell him! It worked so well I used it on my mom today at her work! I went in and told her that I knew we were coming to dinner tonight but that Preston couldn't wait to show her his new shirt. She read the front then the back then looked at me and said are you.....I said yes and she hugged me I am pretty sure we both teared up! It was great!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Jennifer! The Dudleys are way excited for you guys. Hooray for babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily!!! We are super excited too!

    ReplyDelete