Monday, October 25, 2010

The Waiting Game...and Other Ramblings!

Don't ya just hate waiting for something?!?! How come when you don't look forward to something it comes really really fast? And how come when you look forward to something it seems to stop time!?!?! As most of you know we have been trying to have another baby for 4 months and this month seems sooo slow! I don't have this overwhelming feeling that I am pregnant, like I did with Preston, but I am still talking to God and asking for Him to will us to get pregnant this month! I have decided that I am not going to get my hopes up and I think its working. However, there is that tiny tiny voice in my head telling me that it will be positive this month. Only time will tell and to save me some stress and some money I have decided to not test as early as humanly possible. I mean we all know First Response makes all its money off the girls that test 5 times a month to get that early result that never comes!

So begins the waiting game...again...among this time of waiting I have discovered that while I am experiencing this trial others seem to be thriving with fertility and are getting pregnant from just looking at their husbands. I mean my mom said the other day that her friend who is almost 40 and on birth control got pregnant and it was such a surprise to her. I mean really?!?! I know they say that when you are trying too hard it won't happen and that you don't need to stress about it. Well whoever said that never took longer than a couple months to get pregnant, like me the first time getting pregnant. I know that I shouldn't complain as God has blessed us with one child and I know deep down He will bless us with more when the time is right. I mean we may think we are ready but God obviously knows otherwise.

Also why do people always feel the need to ask when you plan on having the next baby??? I was this person until I was on this side of the trying and I promise I won't ask again! I was first hit with this realization a few weeks ago after finding out about a sister in law's pregnancy. While I am SO excited for her and can't wait to have another niece or finally have a nephew my heart sank. I was confronted with it the first time and the question that so often never bothered me started to tug at my heart. When are you going to have another baby??!?! A simple question right. Should be no problem to answer...but for me for some reason it was! The first time I laughed and joked it off. All the while saying times tables in my head to stop the tears from forming. The second time I made a complete fool of myself and stated I did not really want to talk about it while the tears started to drop (didn't help that the room went silent when the question was asked and I was at a bridal shower). I am sure I looked like a crazy person and am TOTALLY embarrassed about it! I surprised myself this last go round when asked as I just said hopefully soon and thankfully there were no tears.

I know this is a long boring and overly personal blog post but I felt like I needed to get it off my chest and since this is kinda like therapy I thought it might help. I promise to not bog down my blog with lots of these so I am cramming it into this one post. Hopefully my next one will be happier and I will have good news. If not it's okay. I know that God will provide.

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I did not think this was boring! I think it is good that you share this and get it off your chest. Thank you! You are very brave!

    Hang in there girl, I believe you have the right attitude, God knows us better than anyone!

    Hugs,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    First,this is YOUR blog! You can write about whatever you want to write about. If people think it's boring or don't want to read then they can move onto the next blog (I thought it was a great post!).

    Second, I haven't experienced what you are going through, so I won't pretend to have something profound to say. But, God knows your heart. Like Emily said, I'm proud of you for having the right attitude!! Lots of people don't.

    I'm praying for you!! Hang in there!!

    Hugs!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet friend! I loved your post! :) I DO know what you are feeling. Wes and I tried for over a year to get pregnant and we were told it wouldn't happen without medication (however, by God's Grace alone- it did). That whole year whenever people would ask it made me cringe a little inside. And even though I rejoiced with many others whose pregnancies came before mine and some that happened so easliy- I still remember going home several time and crying to Wes about how it hurt so badly. All that said just to let you know that, your not alone, and it WILL happen- all in God's time! That is definately worht rejoicing about! God made Ethan at the perfect time for His plan and I am so thankful!
    love you lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Heather your post makes me tear up! I cannot even imagine having to wait that long to have a baby! I hope its way easier the second time. I am so thankful for wonderful friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me cry! We went through much of the same thing while trying to get pregnant a second time. We tried for 14 months. The same week that I was told that I probably would not have baby #2 we got a call that Todd's brother & his wife were having a girl! That was #2 for them, both younger than Laney! That being said, don't think that your post was too personal. Like Bonnie said, it is YOUR blog. Also, by posting this, it may help others who are going through the same thing that you did. Don't ever apologize for your feelings! I have already read your AMAZING news. Praying for all of you! ZLAM!!!

    ReplyDelete