Friday, August 20, 2010

Beach Trip 10


So we went to the beach last Monday and enjoyed 5 days of wonderful weather! We stayed at the Breakers East condos in Destin and could not have enjoyed it more! When we first arrived we were delighted that our condo looked just like the pictures and there were no bad surprises. Our view was just as beautiful as promised! WE did have a minor toilet issue but it was fixed within 30 minutes of calling Carolyn about it. The water pressure was also pretty terrible the first two days so baths were a must as showers were out. We took P down to the water when we got there Monday and unfortunately what he loved last year he really didn't want to take part in this year :o( This makes me sad but think that maybe it was just a little overwhelming for him and that next year will be better. I think the waves scared him this year and bless his heart he doesn't like to get his hands dirty so really playing in the sand was out of the question. We did find out however that little man is a true southerner as every carbonated drink he saw ( and tasted for that matter) became coke. We have created a monster this weekend and now i have to break the coke habit. A little coke apparently goes a long way :o) I know some of you are reading this going wow she gave her kid coke! Yes we did as we became desperate to finish a dinner with out him screaming and crying and trying to throw himself out of his highchair. Now don't get me wrong he typically does very well at dinner time but for some reason he did not enjoy his dinner experiences at the beach (except at The Crab Trap) its the only time he sat still and ate while we enjoyed our dinner as well (Tequila Lime Grouper is pretty great!). needless to say when we came home today and our son tried to grab my can of diet Sunkist while proclaiming coke coke coke over again I am pretty sure that he needs some form of rehab ;o) There will be no more coke for him for a while.
Anywho, sorry for the coke ramblings i do that a lot on here. The beach was great! I got way to much sun and ate too much. I promise i will get pics on here tomorrow while P naps. Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about giving him Coke. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get through dinner without a meltdown (been there and done that a few times). I feed Sydney snacks non-stop through Mass. I'm sure the other parishioners think I don't feed my poor child, but I purposely bring her a little hungry so she'll have something to do! Haha!

    ReplyDelete