Friday, August 6, 2010

TTC #2

So its been a while since I have posted anything so I thought I should journal through our trying to conceive baby 2 would be a great place to pick up and journal. We have always wanted a large family with about 4 biological kids and maybe 2 adopted children. So when we had Preston we knew we needed to keep them close in age. My brother and I were 4 years apart so there where times when it was great and times when it was not so great. I always looked up to the people that had siblings a little closer to their own age so when we decided on a large family i thought 2 years between each child would be great! So begins our plan for baby number 2. When we got preggers with Preston everything went sooo smooth we said lets not really try and just see what happens in January and February. When nothing happened I decided that i was going to figure out when i was supposed to ovulate so i could plan better. Well it worked the first week of April we produced our 1st of probably 15 positive pregnancy tests ( I kept taking them like it was magically going to change). I assumed this time would be just as quick as long as i knew when i was ovulating. Needless to say it was a big disappointment when I realized I was not pregnant and was in fact very not pregnant. I know its just the first month we tried but deep down I really thought it would happen like it did last time. So i was a little bummed for about a day but I know that its in God's will and that He is in control not me so we are leaving it up to Him.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer! I'm so happy you've picked up blogging again! Yay! I'm glad you had the guts to post about this. We're not trying for #2 for a while due to some school stuff, work stuff, and the fact I'm in a very good friend's wedding next April, BUT this is definitely something I think about too. Sydney was a surprise. A one time, "don't worry about it. I've probably still got birth control pills floating around in my system"so I wonder too if it would be that "easy" when we're actually trying.... I guess my advice is try not to think about it too hard if it's possible! Good luck and have fun!

    ZLAM,
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jennifer and hang in there. When we were trying for #2 I got disappointed several times until I just finally told myself not to worry because it will happen in God's timing not mine. Well, before I knew it, it happened and well, we count our blessings every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily. I know it will take a few months but its just so dicouraging to see that big fat negative each time. I am looking at the bright side of things in that I wont be sick at the beach and stuff like that. It will happen when its supposed to I know that God has a plan for us I am just hoping its in the plan to have a baby sooner than later ;o)
    Krissy Now that I wont be working I am going to try to stay on top of it. I am not the best at it and am still learning the whole picture placement thing but its a good way to blow off some steam lol. I think i am comparing it too much to how easy it was to get preggers with Preston and just assumed it would be super easy this go round too. We will see. Its in Gods hands ;o)

    ReplyDelete